Miles walked: 7.3 miles
Parks visited: Canyonlands National Park/Island in the Sky
- Drove to Canyonlands
- Stopped at the sign at the entrance to take a selfie with a Ranger. it was the 50th anniversary of the park. President Johnson designated it a park.
- Walked the Mesa Arch
- Then Aztec Butte. Lana and I sunned ourselves while the boys walked up to the top. not too much beyond where we aired for them
- Hiked Whale Rock, Karen’s favorite. Looked like a whale and the rock was all smooth and easily climbable. Fun to run down.
- Snacked by the van in the Upheaval dome parking lot, tons of people around
- Upheaval Dome was a nice short walk to a pretty neat rock structure.
- Finished off at Grand View Point rim trail, an easy trail along the rim, but not too close to make a person nervous. Lots of great light as it was nearing sunset.
- Got back to camper about 730ish
- Ricky took a bath in the camper and the bathroom flooded when we drained the tub.
- Al figured out the pipes were lose so he tightened them up. We suspect damage to the insulation underneath, but will have to check in with Aloha when we get home.